Weald Community Primary School is situated in Weald Village adjacent to the village green. The original buildings were opened in 1892 with additions in the mid- 1970s. A new modular building consisting of two air-conditioned, state of the art classrooms and cloakroom were added during the Summer of 2011.
More recent developments include the building of a MUGA (Multi-Use Games Area) on the site of the old tennis courts. This has provided additional playground space and excellent facilities for the development of sport within the school. In addition, the “Jungle Gym” play area has been re-surfaced with all weather material to maximise its use throughout the year. Further improvement works during the academic year 2013-14 involved the replacement of the roof over Pluto and Venus classrooms including a new canopy over the outside area and the installation of a new boiler and heating system throughout the school.
In September 2016, the school added a class to its structure to make 7 in total, necessitating the construction of an additional classroom and expansion of the staff, administration and reception areas of the school. The classes are as follows: Reception (Pluto); Year 1 (Mercury); Year 2 (Saturn); Year 3 (Venus); Year 4 (Jupiter); Year 5 (Mars) and Year 6 (Neptune).